The Girls To Whom I Leave My Love

Over the summer, in the beginning of the summer really, after school had ended, Cinderella was over, and a week or two of summer had went by, five lovely girls were about to head to Boston Ballet for a summer intensive and wanted to keep in shape. So I gave them classes.

In the course of the classes, they asked if on the last day we could do a photoshoot. Well, knowing me, it wasn't very hard at all to convince me. 

So on the very last day...

The girls put their shoes on after a short class,


And got straight to work.


Ms. Amazing DeVito came along for the ride since she was also taking some of the classes with them too.


And considering she's the pro dancer, she helped them with poses and what not,


And I clicked away while the girls "struggled" (not) to learn some new tricks.


And so the pictures began.


With Emily along, they couldn't go wrong.


And go wrong they did not.


In case you don't remember, Emily is the one that is in most of the posts in my photoshoots  section.


She's amazing at poses and helping people into poses.


As exemplified by this picture.


She's a pretty cool lady.


And of course, the girls had some ideas of their own. I feel like this one is an abstract heart...anyone else? No? Alright...moving on.


 Brooke...is seriously gorgeous. And wait till you see her feet...


This is one of Natalie's favorites,


And might I say she looks mighty fine doing it.


At this point,

Things started to get uh...


What's the word?


Oh. Crazy.


But hey.


Crazy pays off.


And it creates brilliant ideas.


And some cool candid pictures.


And in case you thought Emily was calm and normal...



Allow me to place that out of your mind.

Hey remember when I said something about Brooke's feet?

Yeah.

They're insane.


 And gorgeous.


And this is our tribute to Kita.


Because this pose right here...


Is one of her favorites.


And I think you'll agree in saying that these girls do it justice.


This girl may be perceived as quiet...


But let me tell you that she is quite talented.


And who could forget the classic jumping pictures?


Definitely not these girls.


Because they can jump.

 Quite well might I add.


And they won't let anyone forget it.


And right they are to do so.


And this is where Anna says. "Wait Brooke do that again. I wanna try something..."


And this happens.

And so everyone joins the bandwagon.


(Like I said. These girls can jump)


And they ain't afraid to do so.


And as if it weren't enough that they can jump...


They've got extension too.


And beautiful lines.


Did I mention extension?


 Wait did I say anything about extension?


I really don't think I mentioned how flexible they are.


 I don't know how I could have forgotten that one...


They also are all great friends.


Who happen to look amazing together.


And know how to dance.


And pose for the camera.

Extremely well.

After teaching these girls pretty often throughout the years, dancing along side of them, and watching them grow, I am humbled by how hard they work, and how kind they have been to me. They have laughed at my ridiculous jokes, and they have put many many smiles on my face. I am so proud of these girls, and it is with a great deal of bittersweetness (totally a word) that I say goodbye to them as I leave for college.

I know that this is not goodbye forever, but just a farewell, and until I see you again. I cannot wait to come back and be able to watch these girls from the audience, and see how much their talents have improved.

And directly to all my Budz girls I say this: Don't ever let anyone try and tell you what your worth is. You all know that each and every single one of you is beyond talented and you are all so gifted in dance and in many other aspects of life as well. Dance because you want to and because it gives you joy. Dance is not for showing the world what you can do, it is for you to connect with other people in a way words can never describe, it's for creating the friendships that you have created over the years. It is to show others that you are unique and that God has given everyone their own special talent. I love each and every one of you so much, and I pray that you all will realize what Dance is to you.

So it is with joy, gratitude, and all my love that I say not goodbye, but farewell for now.

<3

Comments

Popular Posts