It's About to Get Real

Last night, as well as today, was an adventure.

Let's put it that way.

Last night?? What happened last night?!

Don't worry folks. It's not what you think it was.

It was....


ROCK N' BOWL!!!


Oh. That didn't clear things up for you? Well...

Rock n' Bowl is where we dress up in crazy outfits (such as the above) and go bowling. Yes. You're jealous. Oh and we dance and such. It's a crazy good time.

However...there is a disadvantage...


How in the cow does someone manage to completely pull off a shank of one shoe, and make the other one look like some kind of a dinosaur suck?

what what, what, what?

What's that video? You ask?

Linsdey Sterling and Tyler Ward.

Yes I'm a closet youtube stars fanatic.

Well. Not anymore! Now you all know my secret obsession. Hey. It's good to let out some of your secret obsessions sometimes. It shows your uniqueness, and plus, people should love you for who you are. So let it out! Actually, (got this idea from my sister-in-law (whom I can't seem to plug enough =P )) if you so wish, you can start now and tell me one of your guilty pleasures, or secret obsessions down below in the comment area!! =]

So anywho, yes. We bought our outfits at a thrift shop. (I super love that video, and plus it's a better version I think. and it's also clean!)

My next adventure was earlier today. My new awesome friends Addi and D.J. and I took an adventure to the beach =]


These beaches ain't nuthin like Jersey beaches folks. I'm sorry but Jersey beaches look like swamps compared to these ones down here. They are beautiful.

And what does a beautiful scene mean?


AWKWARD DUMBPHONE SELFIE!!!

(with people in the background...hawksward!)

*SIDE NOTE*
to explain "hawksward"
Wanna hear a bird joke?
I don't know one.
HAWKSWARD!



Another picture for you to admire =]

So after our beach adventure, we had an AH-MAY-ZING service in the chapel.

Wait, pause.

Before I get there, there's something you need to see. So we had a lip sync contest. Which was awesome, and all that good stuff. Actually some of them were seriously so good. But so during this, they called this guy up on stage. And this happened...


And then this happened...


 Yes. That is a table. It happened right in front of my eyes. He was in the crowd and then got up on stage. No strings. No nothing. Just pure talent of balancing things on his face.

So back to the service...

The passage they focussed on was John 13:1-7 which says,

"It was just before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.

2 The evening meal was in progress, and the devil had already prompted Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, to betray Jesus. 3 Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; 4 so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. 5 After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.
6 He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, “Lord, are you going to wash my feet?”
7 Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”"
(from Bible Gateway)

I cannot explain to you how amazing the service was. A feet washing service like that is really truly something that you have to experience for yourself. If you ever get the opportunity, I really encourage you to do so. 

What was so amazing about the service was that it was pretty much all the freshman and transfers...so like, all the new fish. And everyone was praising God with all they had. Let me tell you something. God was in that place tonight. And He was there to speak into people's lives. I will never in my life forget what God spoke into me tonight, and it forever rocked my world. 

So for those of you out there who are concerned, yes I love this school. I could not have gone to a better college. God knew exactly what I needed in a school, and He sent me here to PBA. He has blessed me beyond anything I could ever imagine, and I am so thankful for His love and guidance in my life.

So after that amazing service, I came back to my room, got nice and sparkly clean, then sat down to blog about it all.


And I re-heated my coffee.

For about the 5th time today.

And then I was hungry. So I decided to eat some goldfish only to realize that I freaking love them so so so much. Like. So much. They're the best.


Today's blog post has been brought to you by "smiling behind dishes".

(also, my roomie and I just forgot the word "dishes")

And tomorrow...


This chaos begins.

It's about to get real y'all.

With all my excited love,
     the new fish in school


Comments

Popular Posts