Your Addiction Starts Now (Choco Caramel Pretzels)

Beware:
Your addiction will start after you read this post.
 That's right people! We're making chocolate covered pretzels. But listen, these aren't just ordinary Chocolate Covered Pretzels, there's Caramel hidden underneath these puppies! (I don't know why I find the need to capitalize random words?)
 Here's what you'll need!
Pretzel Rods
Caramel (any kind you want really) I used the kind that you get for dipping your apples in.
Chocolate (again, any kind you want) I used Ghirardelli semi-sweet morsals. (They didn't have any milk chocolate ones...meh) Also! sidenote: did you know Ghirardelli has a website? Yeah! I just went to look up the spelling and i found the website! Go check it out! http://www.ghirardelli.com/ oh you will drool a bit though.
and of course you need sprinkles. I was going to use rainbow sprinkles but my mom and I ended up eating them before we got around to making these...
 First thing's first. Melt the chocolate! The real way. Unless you don't want to. I mean, I ended up needing more chocolate and just heating it in the microwave anyways. But this was pretty cool. So give it a try!
 Caramel! Yeah! Except...
 This caramel just splooged.
 So try using this caramel.
 See! much better already! It's thicker and it'll work a ton better!
 And here's where I burnt the chocolate.
 And then just melted it in the microwave. See, it's much better.
 Working station: Caramel
 Working Station: Chocolate
 And last but not least...find as many places as possible to freeze these bad boys.
 Like on top of some salmon and pizza...
 Or in the outdoor fridge. (top shelf)

Or the bottom shelf works too.
 So there's this invasion of the ants in my kitchen...and this little one wanted my caramel...well i squished him. And immediately i told him "that's what you get" then that was followed by a
"That's what you get when you eat my caramel whoa oh oh ohhhh." (paramore-that's what you get-antified)
 And yes...apparently my dog hates when I cook/bake/don't pay enough attention to her...she's so spoiled.
Pouty dog...

So go ahead! make these! but you'll get addicted. Or fat. Either one. Jokes! you won't get fat!
...well it all depends on how many you make actually...

And no recipe for this one, this is a simple, family tradition. =]

Comments

Popular Posts