You Made What?? (Red Velvet Brownies)

If you've read the title, you think you're supposed to be flipping out that there is such a thing as red velvet brownies right? Wrong.
Well essentially you're right, but you're really wrong. See...here's what we're supposed to be making...
 Look at those babies!
Well...this is my batter.......................................mhm.
Hey they still tasted fantastic.
So that fact aside, let's get started!
 So here's your ingredients!

For the Brownies
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 oz red food coloring (pretty much 2 tbsp)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract (divided)
1/2 cup (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
For the white chocolate buttercream frosting:
1/2 cup (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 oz good-quality white chocolate (not chips), melted – used my trusty Ghirardelli =]
1 – 2 tbsp heavy cream
Oh by the way, my camera was acting funny, so my apologies for the pictures.
First thing's first-preheat the oven to350 degrees (F)

 Now to make the red velvet mixture-put the cocoa powder in a bowl...
 Then add 1 tsp of the vanilla
 Now the food coloring.
 And here comes my issue...
 You see...i didn't have two whole tablespoons of red food coloring, so I tried to make purple since My mom and my friend (both of whose birthdays were on the same day so I was making these for them) both like purple. Well. It didn't work out too well. Obviously...(needless to say-they both loved them and still love me. =] )
 Now for the batter part. Put the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl...
 And mixy mixy mixy!
 Pretty sure this is my attempy at taking an action picture of the egg and me failing at it...so add the eggs!
 Then the rest of the vanilla.
 Now add the (supposedly red) mixture to the batter.
 Mixing...we're mixing...
 And mixing some more...
 Woot! Now add the flour!
 And a pinch of salt.
 Mix yet some more.
 And tada! grease the pan, and put the batter in. I'm not kidding you, you will eat almost all the batter. Best. Batter. I've. Ever. Tasted. No. Joke. At. All.
 Now bake that thang and make yourself some icing! (this icing is crazy good. like ridiculously amazing good.) But the butter in the bowl.
 Whip it up, mix in the vanilla.
 With the mixer on low speed, slowly mix in the powdered sugar little bits at a time.
 Melt the chocolate! I love white chocolate so much (cookies n' cream is my weakness-just saying)
 Let me tell you something...this right here is good enough to eat on its own. And you haven't even added the chocolate yet!
 Now it's time to add the chocolate!
 Mix mix mix!
 Now stir in the whipping cream teaspoon at a time (I thought it said tablespoon so that's what I did and it was fine)
 Look. At. This.
 Brownies done!
 And frost those things up!!!
 Seriously. The icing is so good. You actually need this much icing.
And just for comparison one last time....
Also...my icing skills are getting there....maybe....

In case you don't like my directions, or don't trust them, or any other reason that probably has nothing to do with me anyways, here's the website that I got it from.

http://smells-like-home.com/2011/06/red-velvet-brownies-with-white-chocolate-buttercream-frosting/

courtesy of pinterest.
THANKS PINTEREST!

Comments

Popular Posts