Follow the Recipe (Cauliflower Pizza)

So yes, I am a bit behind. But hey, we can't all be perfect bloggers. Well I mean, my brother and my sister-in-law might be, but I am not as fortunate as they are. Well. This is the first of a few updates i will be making. The recipe is:

 Cauliflower Crust Pizza!!
I know what you're thinking. I thought the same things. That sounds disgusting. But that sounds so healthy. I love pizza, and the crust is the un-healthy part. This is my solution! A healthy pizza!
Yeah pretty much. So let's get started!
First thing's first! Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
 Here's what you need! I was essentially making two pizzas so I doubled the recipe. Normally, you need about half a head of cauliflower. I used a whole head. It's technically two cups per pizza. So I used four cups (about-i probably used more)
You'll need one large egg-i actually later added another one since in the beginning i forgot i was doubling the recipe (oops!).
1 cup of finely shredded cheese. (I used Mozzarella)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic (or fresh garlic)
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
 First comes the grating of the cauliflower. I suggest that you buy it already grated if you can do that, because let me tell you, grating cauliflower is a work out!

 Tada!!
 Now heat the Cauliflower for about 8 minutes. See the thing is, the cauliflower is supposed to be dried. This is where i messed up. Hence the title of "Follow the Recipe.
 Next, add the egg, garlic, cheese, and onion salt. Mix it all together, and you have your crust.
You know, my fault could actually have been that I didn't prepare the pan that I put the crust on...Make sure you do that!
While your crust is cooking in the oven for 18 minutes, go ahead and cut up your ingredients!

 I used Pineapple and Ham =] Three cheers for Hawaiian pizza. Hip hip hooray!!!
 And what do you do with the extra ham bits? give them to the dog of course!
 Now lookey here! A nice looking crust eh? (yeah it wasn't actually done. I did this all completely wrong)
 Spread the sauce on...
 Add the cheesey cheese...I used all different types of cheese.
 Add the toppings...
 Briol the pizza for 3-4 minutes, or until as crusty as you want it, and you should get a good pizza!
 see it looks good right?
Well...this is how it turned out...
Despite my terrible cooking skills with this thing, it can be done! I promise!
For the real recipe and a demonstration of how to do it right, go ahead and check out this website:

http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/01/16/cauliflower-crust-hawaiian-pizza/

Well...lesson for today?
Follow the Recipe!!!







Comments

Popular Posts