The Peach that Almost Cost me my Life

It was a lovely Sunday afternoon, my mother was making lunch, we had just come home from the grocery store, and I so desperately wanted to try one of the four peaches that we had bought a few days ago. We bought them not knowing we did not have any Benadryl, and since I am deathly allergic to plums, my mother thought I would have the same reaction to the peach. So we got Benadryl today at the grocery store, and as I wash washing my peach, she whipped out the Benadryl and had it ready and waiting just in case. Well needless to say...
...she gave me two and then rushed me off to the ER.
I was doing fine until I got into the ER. Then the two Benadryl kicked in. It's a good thing my mom told me to not eat the whole thing, or it could have ended worse. Well so it was 1:00 p.m. when she took me in, and rehearsal for dance started at 2:00. Now one thing you need to understand about me, I don't take missing classes or rehearsal lightly. I go to dance feeling terrible all the time because dance is so important to me, and I know it's important to be there, so I take my attendance seriously. Upon finally arriving in my little room, I must have asked what time it was about five times, until my mom had to tell me ten times that she had it all taken care of, and that my teacher would be informed that I wasn't just skipping for fun. (Like I would do that anyways)
Well after a long while (it was probably only an hour or so. Maybe an hour and a half) We were headed out the door with my drugged up self, and prescriptions that will make me tired the whole week most likely. On the way home, since I wasn't allowed to fall asleep in the ER, apparently my body was planning to go on shut down even though I was still planning on making the last half an hour of dance. I fell asleep on the way home, and let's just say I ended up taking my mom's advice and I stayed home. Upon arriving in the house, I laid on the couch, got three blankets piled on top of me (due to me being absolutely freezing) and went right to sleep. I pretty much slept all day, or rather "rested" all day, and my body is still wanting to sleep for forever and a day.
Thankfully this week I have off from school due to my class being on a trip in which I am not going on (I would be missing wayy too much dance) and I will most likely sleep all week long. And maybe go try on some prom dresses. =]
And thus ends the story of the peach that almost cost me my life (but not really). At the end of the day, I'm glad my God is taking care of me and that His angels are always watching out for me. And I'm glad I have parents who take care of me and love me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts