My New Obsession (Lettuce Wraps)

If you have not been to or heard of "P.F. Chang's" let me tell you right now that going to one should be at the top of your to-do list. P.F. Chang's is a Chinese restaurant, and oh man do they have good food. I love Chinese food to begin with (my family actually calls me the Asian Baby of the Family) and so i'm pretty much an expert at Chinese food. Actually, come to think of it, if dancing doesn't work out for me, I think I shall become a Chinese food critique/ Chinese food taste tester. Yes. That is what I shall do with my future. Now that I have decided what I will do with the rest of my life, let me tell you about my new obsession:
Lettuce Wraps.
Oh. Man. These things are delicious. In fact. I think I just made one? Why yes! I did. So although a lettuce wrap is not a legit recipe, I'm going to make it feel as though it is. And thus begins the recipe section of my blog.
First thing's first.
Since this is not a real recipe, there's no measurements, or ingredients, or anything. You literally put whatever you want in it. But! Let me just share with you my recipe.
First problem is that I decided two steps in that I was going to do a Pioneer Woman style recipe. So I don't have pictures of all of the steps. But that's alright.
First thing I did was cook a piece of Italian Herb chicken. (those things are so good you could eat it by itself!) Then I cut it up, and threw it back in the pan. Then I threw in some corn!
(I apologize right off the bat for my poor quality pictures. I don't really have a great camera. Right now I have the 5.1 mega pixel sony that dies within five minutes.)
 Next thing I did was I chopped up some baby corn. Yes I know I have two types of corns, but they're different! And they both give their own unique flavours to the dish.
 Next I chopped up some water chestnuts to add some crunch to the dish!
 Throw it all in with the other ingredients and start frying it up!
 This Nature's Seasons stuff has got to be my best friend. I add spices into everything I make. It always gives it an extra kick!
 This Italian Seasoning is also a best friend of mine.
 And every chef (as I like to pretend I am) needs a special ingredient. Now most of you must be saying. Ew. That surely looks like cinnamon. Why would she put cinnamon in with all that stuff??? Well. Like I said. special ingredient folks. And it works wonders. Well. I think it does.
 Now time for some sauces!! We don't have alot of sauces in our house at the moment, which is kind of a bummer because my signature thing is mixing a bunch of random sauces together to make one great tasting sauce. Well. One Asian tasting sauce I should say. But since I'm lacking in sauces, I figured I would just use the essentials. Soy sauce...
 ...and Teriyaki Sauce. (Teriyaki sauce is also my best friend)
And all of that makes this!
 Now comes the lettuce! Instead of using bread which is actually alot of unnecessary carbs, use lettuce! It's healthy, and it actually tastes delicious! And if there's some of you who eat sandwiches with no bread and just the inside of the sandwich, this is an easy way to still have an outer layer to your sandwich and it really does taste much better than normal sandwiches.
 Best thing about getting your own head of lettuce and being the first to use it is the fact that you get a huge piece! So I was actually looking for those crispy Asian noodles, but I couldn't find any, so instead I used some Ritz crackers. I actually only used one, and it added the perfect amount of crunch!
 wrap it all up and viola! there you have it. And amazingly delicious, healthy lunch.
And so ends the first of my recipes. Go try it!! I promise you you'll love it. (and you'll feel alot healthier after you eat it!) Even my dog likes it and she hates healthy stuff!

Comments

  1. I didn't know you had a blog!! Why you not tell me?! Great job sharing your recipe! I think I am going to do a lettuce wrap as part of peanut butter week next week on my blog.

    And (bee-t-dubs) your cooking style seems incredibly similar to your eldest brothers'.

    Love you and can't wait for more recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts