The Adventure Continues

After Emily and I had so much fun on our first adventure where I was the model, and she was the photographer, we started our next adventure. This time it was my project, and she was the model; I was the photographer. This photoshoot was for the Assemblies of God Fine Arts Competition. I've been doing this for three years now, and each year I have entered the dance category. The first year that was the only category I entered, and I made it all the way to nationals. It was the first year our church had participated and it felt really nice to know that I had my church behind me 100%. I didn't win, and I really didn't expect to anyways. I had been hoping for it, but it was my first year and the fact that it was an exhibition category meant that we only knew who got first place. My sister decided that I got second, and that was the way we all liked looking at it. Last year when I entered, I got ambitious and entered four categories: worship team, dance solo, drama solo, and three dimensional art. Here's a picture of my three dimensional art actually:
I made it all the way to nationals with everything except the worship team. We were actually really good, but we didn't get to practice as much as we should have. I didn't end up going to nationals last year due to being in New York performing for Joffrey's summer intensive program. But this year, I'm hoping I'll make it to nationals and be able to go. This year I'm only entering two categories: dance solo, and digital photography. My brother graciously lent me his camera for a week or so (I actually had it for a long time. Thanks Dan!), and in order to get a decent amount of pictures to choose from, Emily and I had to go on two photoshoots. The first one lasted practically the whole day, and the second one proved to me that she is a true friend. Let me just give you a picture to show how insane this photoshoot was.
Yes that is her bare leg, and yes that is snow in the background. She was such a trooper, and let me tell you, it made for some amazing pictures. I focussed on feet with this photoshoot, but there are some other shots too. I decided I would put up one from each location. I might have to put up a few more though. =] She makes for a great model, and I'm so glad she put up with my torturing her because she took some pretty fantastic pictures. So the first place we went was my backyard. We decided that we would try and burn the ribbons of her pointe shoes (that was another thing that she put up with: me making her abuse her pointe shoes). We tried to light them on fire, but it was actually pretty cold outside (i'm terrible at picking days to do photoshoots on) so the lighter wouldn't even light. It was wind-resistant too! But we finally resorted to sticking the end of her ribbon in a candle. The result?
 and...
The candle wax ended up sneaking up the ribbon, and it looked pretty awesome. She actually used these shoes in class the other day and a bunch of people thought it was blood. Nope. Just candle wax. =] For our next trick, we decided to set up a ladder. This was pretty neat. Not gonna lie. The result of that one:
 literally obsessed with this picture. Her legs look so long and amazing.
 Also obsessed with this one. Simply gorgeous.
And this one I think is just really neat. Never thought I would say this, but I love the fact that my house is near an airport. Well after making her practically freeze up on the ladder, we went inside to grab some chai tea lattes. Upon walking into the kitchen, I freaked out, pushed the kitchen table back, and came up with this keeper:
This one is actually in the running of which pictures I'm going to use for fine arts. My Mom and Dad really like this one actually. The best part of these pictures that we took in the kitchen?
Hey, it made for a great picture Em. Next, after warming up, we headed over to her house. We actually took a good bunch of pictures here, and this time I at least gave her a leg warmer. See I'm not THAT mean.......
 Bailey wanted some spotlight.

 Love this one so much.

 Natural frames are the best thing to work with.
 She chose this pose. So glad she did because she looks amazing.

 And this is another potential fine arts picture.

And the Neshaminy Creek that runs through her backyard. After making her freeze in her own backyard, we went inside, made some hot chocolate, watched some dance videos, talked a whole bunch, and decided to call it a day. Or did we? No. No we didn't. We then had to go pick up my mom from school, then we decided to go to Peace Valley Park after we dropped her off at home. We drove as fast as legally possible (note that I added the legally in there because we definitely were driving at legal speeds. No worries Mom and Dad.) trying to keep the sun in the sky. Because we are definitely capable of keeping the sun in the sky. I mean. Joshua asked God to let the sun stay in the sky, we could have too, but we decided we'd just try and race the sun. Well, we didn't have much sun left, but the result was pretty great.
This one was actually shot on the trail on the way to the dam. I like the way the curve of the trail blurred in the background.
 The lighting plus the airplane streaks plus her makes a fantastic picture.


This is the last one that's in the running for fine arts. I just love these colors. And the focus, you can't see it too well in this small picture, but it's really awesome. The grass is blurred, the background is blurred, and the foot is in focus. =] And so ends the first day.

Comments

Popular Posts