Simply: Love

It's been a while. But inspiration has struck.

I saw this quote today that said:

"I need you to love me a little louder today"

That got me thinking. How many people is that their cry every day? Or maybe not every day, but most days.

Alot of the time, I find myself taking offense of what other people say to me, but maybe they're just saying "i'm hurt and I need you to love me" and all i'm doing is hurting them more? I  know i'm so guilty of this in my daily living, but it's been brought to my attention more and more lately. And whenever something crops up a ton in my life, if I really look at it, I think it's God tapping me gently on the shoulder and saying "Hey girly, pay attention, I'm trying to tell you something"

How many times does the Bible tell us to simply love one another? How many times does Jesus Himself command us to love one another. At one point Jesus literally pulls some sarcasm in John 13:34 when He says, "a NEW command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

New? That's funny Jesus because you've said that about a billion and five times already.

That's our goal as believers. He goes on in that verse to say, "By this, all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another" (vs. 35)

How messed up has that become? Christians have become those who judge and condemn when something is wrong. Here's how I look at it. If you ask me what I think, I will tell you. But besides that (granted i'm trying my best to work on this and i'm failing utterly) the only thing I need to do is love you to the fullest. And who am I to judge? Anyone who knows me knows that I have many things that I need to work on, many things that I have done that I am not proud of, many things that don't show the love of Jesus. But i'm clean. I am pure because His blood has washed me. My sin is no more.

And the same goes for every single person who accepts what Jesus has done for them. And as far as I know, you are a clean slate just as I am. By the grace of our precious Saviour, there is no condemnation. Therefore the most important things is love. "Now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

Moral of the story: love. But also, (speaking to myself as well) when someone is lashing out on you, or acting in a way that you become hurt by their words, maybe they're saying "I need you to love me a little louder today"

So love people. Joyce Meyer, in her sermon "A Battlefield for the Mind" at one point says, "When you've got a need, sow a seed; go do something for somebody else"

Along with that, my roommate was saying that whenever she starts to pity herself and say to herself, "this person never does this for me, and that person doesn't do this for me ever" She goes and does it for them. When you've got that hole in you, someone else might have that same hole, but it's a pit. And by doing something for them, you're filling in their pit as well as your own.

Let me leave you off with 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
"Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserveres. Love NEVER fails."

and also 1 John 4:8
"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God Is Love"

it's as simple as that: LOVE

with all of God's grace that He has bestowed on me,
    the girl who is forgiven and loved

Romans 8:1
"So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to Him, the power of the life giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that lead to death."

Comments

Popular Posts