What's in a Name?

As you might have seen in the announcements, I'm starting to sell earrings!!

So first, some information.

I have not named the "business yet".

For multiple reasons...

1. I am really praying about what to name it

2. because I also want the name to be TOTALLY SHAWEET!

3. I feel that names are really important, so if you could all pray that God gives me wisdom on what to name it, that would be fantastic.

I know, I know.

Some of you are probably thinking, "is she crazy? it's just a name. I mean, even Shakespeare says names don't really mean much. I mean come on, don't you know Juliet's line in Romeo and Juliet in Act 2 Scene 2 where she says 'what's in a name?'"

Okay so maybe you're not thinking that exactly, but you're probably thinking along those lines.

The thing is, names have been such a big impact on my life, and I find them to be so incredibly important.

I mean, think about it. Jesus wasn't given a name that means "Messiah" for nothing. Jacob's name that previously meant "deceiver" wasn't changed to Israel which means "wrestles with God" just for kicks and giggles (and if you're more hardcore, punches and chuckles, and if you're a pirate, stabs and cackles). They were given those names for a reason.

And in the same light, I wasn't given the name Anna solely because it's my wonderful Grandmother's name. I mean. I was given it because of her. But that was God's intended name for me.

Long story short, my name means "Gracious one". My ma always thinks that it's really the other translation which means "Graceful one" but heck....I don't know what she's talking about-this girl ain't very graceful.

But see the thing is, if you were to ask me something that God has shown me most of in my life, it would be Grace. He has been so gracious to me, and everywhere I go, he shows me more and more graciousness.

And so yes, maybe I am crazy. But I also know that names aren't just names. They hold so much meaning behind them. And so I want to pray about the name of this "business" (if I can call it that). And I want to ask if you would pray about it as well.

I know, I know. "Anna you went on a blab again"

Yeah. I do that a lot.

So here you go folks,

With all my bedazzled love,
     the new found jewelry maker!






Comments

Popular Posts